Sunday, March 2, 2008

African American Day at work

We had an African American potluck at work on Thursday. I tasted a lot of new foods from collard greens, creole, gumbo, chicken, ham, etc. We were suppose to dress in African attire, but I didn't have any!
Susie and Juan really dressed the part! Thank you Susie for planning such a wonderful party. I really enjoyed trying all the new food and you did such a great job.
My new job at Spectrum is going really well, even though I wish I could learn all the new things more quickly. I have made many new acquaintances and starting to feel at home there. I have gone on a hospital tour of the birthing unit, sat in on a sibling class, taken some registrations for preparing for childbirth classes, and gone out for lunch a lot. This week I begin a Spanish class (I am really excited about that). Tomorrow I will be sitting in on a preparing for childbirth class. I am learning a lot! One of the most trying things is driving on icy roads to work - so I am really looking forward to spring! Thanks to everyone for all your prayers!

No comments: