Friday, November 27, 2009

Thanksgiving Thoughts

A different kind of Thanksgiving this year. I have a new perspective on life. Since, I have been recovering from surgery this year, I was unable to spend Thanksgiving in Texas with Nate and Emily and their families, and my brother, Tim and Jalena because I had to stay close to home. I am very fortunate to have a sister, aunt, nieces, and others that I could enjoy Thanksgiving with this year. Of course every year we miss those who can't be with us because they live far away or that they are in their heavenly home. I keep thinking about the feast we will have when we all get to heaven. Above all I am very thankful for a God that loves me, watches over everyone in my family that live far away and time to plan on the next time we will see each other. The following song I learned when I was in elementary school and it has been in my head for the past few evenings while I try to go to sleep -

"Father, I thank you for this night and for the pleasant morning light,
For rest and food and loving care and all that makes the world so fair.
Help me to do the things I should, to be to others kind and good,
In all I do in work for play, to be more loving everyday" !

I pray that ALL the people I love had a wonderful Thanksgiving!


No comments: