Saturday, August 9, 2008

My friend Joan

My friend Joan had eye surgery last week. She is such a dear friend! I stopped by to visit her and we sat on her patio and enjoyed some Chilis ( chips and queso) and a beer. Joan drank hers from a cup that had a straw (you know what happens when you drink beer thru a straw -- you get giggily. Joan has to keep her head down for 2 WEEKS ~ she doesn't lift her head at all - not even when she is sleeping! All she could see of me when I visited her was my toes! I asked her if I could take a picture of her - she gladly agreed! We were laughing so hard because we both had to look down - and I am not a very good aim - so these are a couple of the best pictures! Please keep her in your prayers - that the surgery will be successful and she will be able to see clearly again out of her eye. You are an inspiration and I love you!
!
Get better soon!
I think you look great!!

1 comment:

joan b. said...

Hi, my friend Sue! I was just checking your blog to see if you had posted any evacuation news about your Texas kids and what do I find?!? We look adorable don't we? Thanks for your visit, your kind words on your post, and for being my beloved friend. I miss you - let's get together SOON for chips and a beverage :)
I love you,
Joan